When I let go of my very ergonomic, but very obsolete mobile phone - they had just come out with this Samsung Galaxy S II phone, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.
When I buy gadgets and invest my hard-earned cash, I don't go for the most popular ones. I go for the one that really WOW-ed me in terms of specifications and features - and, more often than not, my investment pays off. The last time I felt this WOW-ed by a gadget was when I bought my Nikon D90 and to this day I am still enjoying that camera!
I bought and love my Samsung Epic 4G Touch because:
- It runs on Android, which I need for testing apps and mobile sites at work plus I would love to explore all these new and exciting apps in the Android Marketplace. Although my all-time favorites: the Kindle, Pandora, Facebook, Accuweather, YouVersion, YouTube and Netflix manages to keep me busy already.
- It has an 8 megapixel camera (that's more than what my first D-SLR had!) and shoots videos in 1080p (yes, you can make HD movies with this baby!).
- It's a Samsung - I'm very happy with the picture quality of my TV and was amazed by this smart phone's screen - the HD picture quality and even the sound quality is unbelievable. (They did say it was built for entertainment, but you have to really see it to believe how beautiful this screen is!)
- It's thin! Although it's screen is bigger than most phones, it fits perfectly into the back pocket of my jeans. It's very lightweight too - which comes in handy because all these apps have me holding this phone constantly!
- It's fast. Downloading apps, almost instantly done. Have Pandora internet radio playing, smooth and without buffering especially if you're on the 4G network. Loading Facebook (which used to take ages on my old phone), no sweat! Playing YouTube videos - no waiting at all! The dual-core processor combined with the 4G network has completely taken away the loading lag of older phones.
- It has great battery life. I can listen to Pandora for 6 hours and still have 50% of battery when I get home - and that includes reading on Kindle on my lunch break plus connecting to the internet to read my favorite blogs or search for information!
- It has 16 Gigabytes of storage already in the phone, and you can add up to 16 Gb of additional storage on it (that's more than some computers had!). With all the multimedia projects you can have on this phone, you'll probably need that storage too.
Yes, I am definitely WOW-ed and definitely happy with my new toy! I would recommend the Samsung Epic 4G Touch to all my friends. If you like doing everything on your phone, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch is definitely the one for you!